It’s that time of the month again; time to post my Bookhaul! I thought I did a good job of holding myself back a bit this time, but there are, as always, more books I’d added to my shelves than I’d anticipated, lol. Some of them weren’t my fault though, because I received books from publishers/authors and my hubby bought me some new books as well as a surprise.
Curious to see what I’ve added to my shelves this time? Continue reading…
All Systems Red by Martha Wells
(The Murderbot Diaries #1)
All Systems Red was a book I stumbled upon when prowling Goodreads when looking for some more Scifi books. Seeing the good ratings it had gotten so far and how interesting the synopsis was, I couldn’t just not buy it haha.
Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft
(The Books of Babel #1)
This was a book I’ve had on my wishlist for some years now. I’ve read only good things about it and it looked so interesting so I finally decided to buy it. A friend of mine, Isabelle, also had the book on her shelves so we decided to do a buddy-read. She’s finished, I’m not. I couldn’t really get into it unfortunately. I’m not sure if the writing is something I’m really enjoying and I just couldn’t concentrate. I’ll try again later on and see what I’ll think of it then.
Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare
I’ve read mostly all of the novella’s digitally last year, but of course I had to add the printed edition to my shelves as well. The printed edition has an extra novella in it, and I’m so excited to read it! Unfortunately, I didn’t really pay attention when pre-ordering the book and I got the wrong edition, lol. So this one doesn’t really match all the other Hardcover copies I own her Clare’s books. But for now, I’ll leave it this way and keep this one (I really love this edition as well with the cover printed on the hardback itself. It has a small dent on top of the spine but I’ll live with it haha) and I’ll order the matching edition another time.
And the Ocean was our Sky by Patrick Ness
My husband surprised my with this one. It was on my wishlist and hadn’t really thought about buying the book for a while since others had priority. So I love it when my hubby surprises me like this and buys the books I normally don’t immediately buy, but still want to add to my collection, you know? And I’m so glad he picked this one because I’m really excited about it and was surprised by how beautiful the book is. It’s an illustrated edition so it has illustrations throughout the story. The story itself looks so good! It’s a Moby dick retelling but then the author reversed some of the story elements like the whales are now the ones who do the hunting. It’s told from a whale pov. I’m so excited to read it!
The Priory of the Orange Tree
by Samantha Shannon
After seeing everyone talk so positively about this book and seeing I really liked the synopsis as well, I decided to put it on my wishlist. My hubby bought it for me and I’m really excited to read it, hopefully this summer (it’s on my summer tbr).
The Familiars by Stacey Halls
I love reading Historical Fiction from time to time and the synopsis of this one looked so good. It has some fantasy/paranormal elements in it as well as it focuses a bit on witches I believe. This is also one that my hubby bought for me. And I am so in love with how the hardcover editions looks like. It’s truly stunning!
The Extinction Trials: REBEL by S.M. Wilson
(The Extinction Trials #3)
The conclusion book in the Extinction Trials is one I’m also really excited about. This is also one that my hubby bought for me. I’ve wanted to buy it earlier but just hadn’t gotten around to it yet so my hubby chose well haha. I’m curious to see how the story is going to end!
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
(The Inheritance Cycle #1)
I’ve devoured the Inheritance Cycle books in Dutch when I was younger. I am one of the few who also really loved the movie even though it’s not a perfect adaption of the book. I’ve been wanting to buy the English hardcovers for years now but haven’t gotten around to yet because the entire set is quite a lot of money to spent at once. So I decided to buy them one by one, starting with the first book in the series of course. I cannot wait to complete the hardcover set of the series and to re-read them.
Highland Crown by May McGoldrick
(Royal Highlander #1)
I read this book last year when I received an e-arc of it and ended up loving it a lot. Gave me all the outlander feels. I recently got an e-arc of the second book in the series and can’t wait to start reading it. I really wanted to add the printed copy of Highland Crown to my shelves, so bought it through Amazon, where it was really nicely priced. Definitely a Historical Romance I’ll reread in the future and recommend reading if you like these kind of books.
The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
(The Kiss Quotient #2)
The Kiss Quotient was one of my fave romance reads last year so I was really excited to see there’d be a companion book/next book in the kiss quotient series. I am so excited to read it and seeing the expectations for this one are high, I really hope it won’t end up being a disappointment haha.
DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff
Lifel1k3 was a really awesome read and contained about everything I could’ve want for in a kick ass YA read with SciFi elements. Jay’s writing hasn’t let me down so far, so I am really excited to see how the story continues in DEV1AT3.
THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT BY MISA SUGIURA
I received this one in my June Illumicrate box as you might’ve seen in my unboxing article yesterday. I wasn’t familiar with this author and book yet but the synopsis looks really interesting! It’s a book I really need to be in the right kind of mood for but I’m definitely planning on reading it because so far, I’ve always loved illumicrate’s choices in books.
THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT BY MISA SUGIURA
This was another book I got in the Illumicrate box. A book and author I wasn’t familiar with either and I really can’t wait to dive into this one. It looks so good!
I’ve also received some really awesome e-arcs to review! So thankful to the authors and publishers for sending them to me!
- Karda Adult by Sherrill Nilson | I couldn’t pass up on the ARC that I was offered to receive in exchange for me reviewing the book. I’ve been trying to be really selective as to what I accept seeing I just don’t always have a lot of time to read ARC’s and want to read my own self bought books as well. The synopsis of this book is so promising and I really cannot wait to get aquatinted with this author’s work and the world she’s written about in this first book in a series.
- a Pizza my Heart by Teagan Hunter | I love being able to review Teagan’s books so receiving this ARC was something I was really happy about. I finished the book already and my extended review can be found HERE.
- Summer’s End by Kristy Brown | The author offered me an ARC in exchange of me leaving an honest review and the synopsis of this book looks like it’s right up my alley. I also love discovering new authors so I couldn’t pass up on this one. I’m currently reading it on my Kindle and it’s been really interesting so far! More news about this one soon.
- Highland Jewel by May McGoldrick | I am so happy I was approached to read an ARC of this upcoming release, the second book in the Royal Highlander series. I’ve read an arc of the first book last year, and really loved it. Can’t wait to continue reading in this Historical setting and get aquatinted with more characters.
- Caulk Tease by Megan Green & Alexandria Bishop | Megan Green has become a fave author of mine over the last year. I’ve devoured all of her books so when I won an ARC of this newest release of her and A. Bishop – who I wasn’t familiar with yet – I was so happy! Already read this book and it was absolutely fantastic! Can’t wait to add a printed copy to my shelves, hopefully soon. Also can’t wait to read more by both these authors. Extended review can be read HERE.
- The Girl the Sea gave back by Adrienne Young | The published granted my with on netgalley and I got an arc of this highly anticipated upcoming release by Adrienne. I really loved Sky in the Deep so I couldn’t wait to read the companion book. I’m currently reading it so I’ll tell you more about the book really soon!
- Hunting the Beast by Anna Santos | I’ve been dying to read this author for ages now so I am really happy I got an ARC of this newest release by her. The first book in a Fairy Tales retelling series. This first book is a re-telling of beauty and the beast. I can’t wait to read it. I love adult romance in a fantasy setting like this one.
- The Orchid Throne by Jeffe Kennedy | Ever since reading Jeffe’s Kennedy work in an anthology I’ve read last year, I’ve been dying to read more by her. So when I was approached to reading an ARC of her upcoming release, the first book in a new series, I couldn’t refuse. This book was on my most highly anticipated releases of the 2nd part of 2019-list and I’m so happy I received an ARC of it. Can’t wait to start reading it!
- Silverlegs Part 1: Seed of Rage by Camilla Monk | I am so happy I received an ARC of this one because it looks like it’s something I’d really enjoy. I cannot wait to dive into this dark fantasy novel. It’s set in a world inspired by the late Roman Empire and I love reading about that. Read some good things about this author by readers who read prior written books by her. Already excited to get aquatinted with her work by reading this one!
I got to add 13 physical copies to my collection and 9 digital copies. Definitely a haul I’m happy about, as I was with last month’s haul in which I got 11 physical copies and 4 digital copies. Of these 22 books in total, I’ve finished reading 6 (technically, because I didn’t read all of those this month but in earlier years but I think that still counts, lol) and I’m currently reading 2 of them. I hope I get around to read the rest soon as well.