It’s the end of the month so this means I’ll look back to what books I bought and/or received. It’s time to show you guys my January BOOKHAUL, whoop whoop!
I’ve bought/received more books than I originally anticipated hihi. Most of the books are romance but there are a couple of ya fantasy books to be found in this haul as well. I am so excited to show you guys what I got to add to my collection this month. Here we go!
THE PRINCE’S GAME by LEXI C. FOSS
#1 Mershano Empire
Lexi has be come one of my all-time fave PNR authors. But aside from her two PNR series, Immortal Curse & Dark Provenance, she’s also started writing a contemporary romance series called Mershano Empire.
I bought this book earlier in February so that I could take it with me on my trip to Amsterdam upcoming Sunday, because I’ll be meeting with Lexi there – YAY! I also read the book this month already and thought it was a really enjoyable read! Already so excited to buy and read the second book in the series.
BLOOD LAWS by LEXI C. FOSS
#1 Immortal Curse
I thought I’d already owned a copy of this book but I couldn’t find it anywhere so maybe I was wrong haha. I already own book 2 and 3 – still need to buy 4 and 5 – and needed this first book for the meeting with Lexi. This is her debut book and the first book I’ve read by her, so I had to have a copy so I can get it signed hihi. This is also already one of my most fave PNR series!
DAUGHTER OF DEATH by LEXI C. FOSS
#1 Dark Provenance
This is the first book in another PNR series by Lexi and one I bought so I could take it with me to Amsterdam. Of course, I wanted to read it first, so I did. And ooomygod! I am so happy yet again that I am aquatinted with this author’s work because this book is frigging awesome! It’s probably my fave by Lexi and one of my all-time faves in the entire PNR genre. This is how you write Angels/Demons PNR books.
SON OF CHAOS by LEXI C. FOSS
#2 Dark Provenance
After finishing Daughter of Death, I just couldn’t not buy Son of Chaos. I NEEDED more so I got more. There’s also a prequel novella at the end of the book which was a-ma-zing as well – because, yes, I already read this book this month haha. I cannot wait to get my hands on more books in this series. So happy with these printed copies and can’t wait to get them signed.
THE LITTLE MERMAID AND OTHER FAIRY TALES by H.C. Anderson
(Illustrated and Interactive edition)
I’ve wanted to buy this book for so long and when I came across a copy when I was at a bookstore in Maastricht earlier this month, I decided to not wait any longer and take it home with me haha. I didn’t own a copy of the Anderson version of the Little Mermaid yet and this one looked so interesting. It has other fairy tales inside as well as illustrations and interactive elements.
A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY by BRIGID KEMMERER
#1 a Curse so Dark and Lonely
Yes, I already received a hardcover copy last month… But this paperback edition was so stunning with the beautiful foil spine and all that. This book is one of my all-time faves already so I didn’t hesitate for a second when I bought this second (paperback) edition as well hihi.
» Read my review on this book HERE
MORE THAN WE CAN TELL by BRIGID KEMMERER
I came across this book for a nice price and since I want to buy and read all of Brigid’s books, I decided to buy it. I’ve heard it’s recommended to read Letters to the lost first because the books are interconnected. You could read both books as stand alone, but it’s a better reading experience if you read them in order, is what I understood of it all. So that means I still need to buy letters to the lost haha. Hopefully next month then, so I can start reading soon!
WOUNDED LOVE TRILOGY by Megan Green
Ever since reading Megan’s Sports Romance series, Washington Rampage, I’ve been dying to get my hands on her Military Romance trilogy, Wounded love. I love military romance and I love Green’s writing, so I am really happy I finally got to add the books to my shelves. Already read and loved the first book in the trilogy, Safe Distance, and can’t wait to read the other two as well!
MAYHAM by JAMIE SHAW
Some years ago when I was in search of rockstar romance reads, this book came to my attention. I hadn’t gotten around to actually buy it until earlier this month, when I came across the book over on Amazon for a really nice price. I couldn’t resist buying it haha. Already read it as well! Was a fun and fast-paced book. Nothing spectacular but just fun, you know? Really want to read the other books in the series as well someday.
THE TRIUMPHANT by LESLEY LIVINGSTON
#3 the Valiant
Since I loved the Valiant and there was also a buddy-read planned for the Defiant this month, there was no doubt in my mind wether or not to put in a pre-order for the Triumphant. This final installment in the trilogy released this month and I hope we (Candyce, Isabelle and Marie) get around to buddy-read it sometime soon.
DEAR GEORGE, DEAR MARY by MARY CALVI
A Novel of George Washington’s First Love
Every once in a while I love to pick up a Historical romance/Fiction book. I’ve always been entranced by History; American History, English, Scottish, Egyptian and so on. I find the History on American Presidents especially interesting, so when I came across the synopsis of this book months ago I couldn’t resist. This looked like something I’d enjoy, so I put in a pre-order. Hope I get around to read it soon!
COURTING DARKNESS by ROBIN LAFEVERS
#1 Courting Darkness Duology
Even though this is a spin-off book of the Fair Assassin’s series, that I haven’t read yet, and I always prefer reading the first series instead of starting with a spin-off, I just couldn’t resist buying this book. I do still very much want to read the Fair Assassin’s books first – I’m planning to start next month – and then hopefully this one afterwards. It looks so interesting! And that cover is to die for!
BOYFRIEND FOR HIRE by KENDALL RYAN
This author is one I wasn’t familiar with yet, but really wanted to get aquatinted with. She’s attending the RARE event in London upcoming september and she was one of few I still really wanted to read before the event. When I came across this book a couple of months ago, it looked like it’d be a fun read so I put in a pre-order for it. Already read it as well, within a day, and it was enjoyable. There’ll probably be more Kendall Ryan books in my upcoming book hauls.
THE LAST LETTER by REBECCA YARROS
Rebecca is an auto-buy author for me, so there was no doubt in my mind about whether or not I should put in a pre-order for this newest release. This is her first book that was also really picked up by the publisher to promote on a large scale and so far, this book has received so many amazing feedback already. I know this one is going to emotionally break me – I knew it from the bits and pieces Rebecca told us herself about the book, but also from friends of mine who already read it and other reviewers – but I am also so excited to have a new Yarros book in my hands! It’s been like 18 months or something like that since she published her last book, so it’s safe to say this is a highly anticipated read for me.
KILL THE QUEEN by JENNIFER ESTEP
#1 a Crown of Shards
I had the opportunity to review an anthology some months ago – Seasons of Sorcery, read my review HERE – in which this author wrote down a novella for. I fell in love with her writing at the spot and the novella she wrote was set in a world I was desperate to read more about. So I immediately put book 1 in the series on my wishlist and decided to not wait any longer and finally buy it. I hope to get around to read this one soon. I’m so excited!
NICO by SARAH CASTILLE
#1 Ruin & Revenge
I got aquatinted with this author by reading her Sinner’s Tribe MC series a couple of years ago. I fell in love with her writing so hard and wanted to read more by her ever since. I never got around to actually buy other books by her and read them so I decided it was time to do something about it haha. I came across NICO on amazon for a really nice price and couldn’t resist any longer. I cannot wait to dive into a new to me Sarah Castille book! Her writing is so real and raw. Just amazing!
Aside from my printed book haul, I also received quite some e-books this month. Most of these are ARC’s I received from publishers and authors in exchange for me reading and reviewing them.
- Until I Found You by Brooke O’Brien: Received an ARC of this highly anticipated contemporary romance book by one of my faves and you can read my review HERE.
- Text my baby one more Time by Teagan Hunter: An ARC copy of a RomCom that I received and already reviewed as well. You can read my review HERE.
- the Crush Collision by Danielle Ellison: an ARC copy of a YA contemporary that I received, being a part of the blog tour. You can read my review HERE.
- Tropical Inferno by Kat Mizera: an ARC copy of a sports romance that I received in exchange for leaving an honest review. Already read it and my review will follow soon.
- my Favorite Cowboy by Donna Grant: an ARC copy of a cowboy and suspense romance I received by the publisher. Review goes online later this week.
- STAY by A.J. Alexander: an ARC copy of a contemporary romance that I received in exchange for leaving an honest review. Already read it and my review will follow soon.
- Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton: an ARC copy of a YA fantasy that I received. Planning to read and review it before it’s release at the beginning of April.
- Chaos & Love by Kat Kenyon: an ARC copy of a sports romance that I received in exchange for me leaving an honest review on the book. Planning to read it soon.
- Make me Yours by Tia Louise: an ARC copy of a contemporary romance that I received in exchange for leaving an honest review. Review goes online at the beginning of March.
- Story of Us by Jody Holford: an ARC of a contemporary romance that I received in exchange for me leaving an honest review on the book. Loved other work of this author before so I’m excited to read this one. Planning to read it soon.
- Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris: an ARC copy of a sports romance that I received in exchange for me leaving an honest review on the book. Planning to read it soon.
- No falling allowed by Melissa West: an ARC copy of a sports romance that I received in exchange for me leaving an honest review on the book. Planning to read it soon.
- Worth Fighting For by Laura Kaye: an ARC copy of a contemporary romance that I received in exchange for leaving an honest review. This is one of my fave authors and a story I’ve been highly anticipating. Review will follow soon.
- Beauty is the Beast by Jennifer Zamboni: Came across this paranormal romance read for FREE on amazon. It looked like I’d enjoy this one so decided to grab a copy.
I got to add 18 physical copies to my collection and 14 digital copies. Definitely a haul I’m extremely happy about again. From these 32 books in total, I’ve read 14 so far. Hope I get around to read the rest soon as well.
What books did you add to your collection in February? Which one are you the happiest with and what books are you hoping to add to your collection next month? Love to hear from you and thank you for reading my blog post!