This is going to be a big one you guys! So I won’t be adding a synopsis of every book, like I normally do. But I’ll put links in the book titles so you can click them and you’ll be able to read the synopsis on Goodreads right away!
This month’s book haul will include:
- Books I pre-ordered and/or bought myself
- Books I received from friends this Christmas
- Books I received from family other than my husband, this Christmas
- Books I received from my husband this Christmas
So yeah, that’s going to be quite a lot hihi. Are you ready? Here we go!
| Self-bought books |
I thought I wouldn’t receive a lot of books in December that I bought myself, because it’s an expensive month as it is with Christmas hihi. And since I’d be receiving some books with Christmas anyway, from friends and family, I decided to low-key it when it came to buying books for myself. In the end, I received more books than anticipated though. Most books weren’t really bought for December though, but just arrived later. I also received the Illumicrate box on December 1st which was technically a November box, so the two books that were inside the box belong to this December haul as well. Queen of Air and Darkness, Until you’re mine and the Defiant were purposely bought for December and the rest was technically supposed to be November hauls but they arrived later.
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare, Hardcover edition
- Queen of Air and Darkness by C. Clare, Waterstones special edition
- Pucked Love by Helena Hunting, paperback edition
- Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce, exclusive cover edition
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean, exclusive hardcover edition
- the Defiant by Lesley Livingston, hardcover edition
- Until you’re mine by Cindi Madsen, paperback edition
| Books I received from friends |
I participated in a lottery exchange thingy with some friends of mine. Each of us would buy a book and some bookmarks for one other person so that we all had a package from one another underneath the tree. Kaylee was the one who got my name and she sent me not one but two books from my wishlist (From the Earth to the Shadows & Beauty Awakened) and she added some magnetic bookmarks to my package as well, which I am so frigging in love with; Wonder Woman, Superman, Ariël and prince Eric!! I couldn’t be happier with all of this!
I also got a Christmas box from my friend Wenda, since we always exchange present among each other. And she got me three books aside from a lot of non-bookish stuff; Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi, Addicted by Elle Kennedy and a short story by one of my fave authors; Just gotta say by Laura Kaye. So yeah: I got pampered!!! Thanks lovelies!
- From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking (Valkyrie #2)
- Beauty Awakened by Gena Showalter (Angels of the Dark #2)
- Just gotta say by Laura Kaye
- Restore me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #4)
- Addicted by Elle Kennedy (Outlaws #2)
| Books I received from family |
My Christmas wish list for the family (my in-laws, my parents and my sister) always consists of books haha. We always go to my parents first on Christmas eve; we eat together and then exchange presents. Afterward, we normally go to my family in law and we exchange presents among the adults – the children normally unpack their presents on December 26th. This year things got mixed up a bit since my mother in law had to have surgery on Christmas eve’s day so we unpacked the in-law-presents on December 26th instead.
I made wish lists beforehand, so mostly I already knew what I’d be receiving from all of them, except for the ones I got from my sister since I gave her a larger wish list so she could surprise me. I’m so happy with all the new beauties. Some are ones I’ve already read and loved and really wanted to add to my collection like the J. Daniels books, the Megan Green books and Lost before you by Brooke O’ Brien, but the other ones I haven’t read yet and I can’t wait to do so! I actually already read and finished one of them, which I really loved; Seal of Honor by Tonya Burrows!
- Seal of Honor by Tonya Burrows (HORNET #1)
- the Undying King by Grace Draven
- the Off-Season by Megan Green (Washington Rampage #1)
- the Cleanup by Megan Green (Washington Rampage #2)
- Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin (the Boys of Summer #1)
- Lost before You by Brooke O’Brien (Hearts Compass #2)
- AXEL by Harper Sloan (Corps Security #1)
- All I want by J. Daniels (Alabama Summer #2)
- What I need by J. Daniels (Alabama Summer #5)
- Dragon’s Heart by LaVerne Thompson (Story of the Brethren #1)
- How to date a Douchebag: the Failing Hours by Sara Ney (How to date a Douchebag #2)
| Books I received from my husband |
And then I also received books from my husband, who always pampers me a lot, so I had to show those books separately. On December 25th, we always spend the day at home, the four of us (my husband, Milan, our dog and myself), unpacking the gifts we bought for each other and Milan. This is always my most favorite Christmas day and not because my husband spends too much money on buying Milan and myself presents – although I love receiving presents so you won’t hear me complaining about it of course haha – but just for the fact we get to spend this entire day as a family without any mandatory visits and such. This year, it was a bit more chaotic due to the fact that my mother-in-law was in the Hospital so we spent some time there as well. My hubby has been insanely generous this time around, as always really, and I’m so happy with all the new beauties I get to add to my shelves!!
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Disney Animated Classics) by Susanna Davidson
- Sleeping Beauty (Disney Animated Classics) by Susanna Davidson
- Diagon Alley by Warner Bros
- the Story of King Arthur and his Knights by Howard Pyle, Barnes & Noble leather-bound
- Fighting for What’s his by Laura Kaye (Warrior Fight Club #2)
- Eidolon by Grace Draven (Wraith Kings #2)
- the Mistake by Elle Kennedy (Off-Campus #2)
- Vows on Ice by S.R. Grey (Boys of Winter #6)
- Where we Belong by J. Daniels (Alabama Summer #4)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling, Ravenclaw House edition
- Dreams from my father by Barack Obama
- Blood Heart by Lexi C. Foss (Immortal Curse #3)
- Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Wicked #3)
- Fallen Academy: Year One by Leia Stone (Fallen Academy #1)
- Pestilence by Laura Thalassa (the Four Horsemen #1)
- When I fall by J. Daniels (Alabama Summer #3)
Soooo… yeah, December has been an amazing book haul month haha! I am so happy with all of the 39 new books I got to add! I’ve read some of them already as e-books and I just wanted to have them in my collection (the J. Daniels books, Fighting for what’s his by Laura Kaye, the Megan Green books and Lost before you by Brooke O’ Brien for example) and I can’t wait to re-read them sometime.
Most of the books I received this year are some stunning special editions or books published by self-published authors and I love how my self-published author shelves have been growing the past year in particular. I think discovering, reading and buying books from self-published authors is really important and I try to support them as much as possible. A lot of my all-time favorite authors are self-published, so that’s just really awesome I think!
Did you receive any books this Christmas?
Love to hear what books you found underneath your tree.